Prague - October 1, 2021
Finalists of Dream Chemistry Award 2021 selected
The DCA Scientific Committee selected top projects from this year’s submissions. Five finalists are invited to present their projects in person during the contest’s finals, which will be held at IOCB Prague on December 6–7, 2021.
Dream Chemistry Award 2021 finalists are (listed alphabetically):
- Ahmed Badran (The Scripps Research Institute): Universal Codon Reassignment Using a de novo Orthogonal Genetic Code
- Johannes Bintinger (Linköping University): Star Trek SWITCH
- Luka Đorđević (Northwestern University): The Dark Side of Photocatalysis
- Jarad Mason (Harvard University): Treating Hypoxia with Microporous Water
- Giulio Ragazzon (ISIS, University of Strasbourg, CNRS): Endergonic reactions enabled by catalytic processes
- Ghislaine Vantomme (Eindhoven University of Technology): Supramolecular Wires for Brain-Inspired Computing
[Note: This finalist will not compete in the DCA finals due to personal reasons.]
Many thanks to all candidates for outstanding submissions & congratulations to all finalists!